Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Testimony

I accepted Christ in 1989 and was baptised in 1991. Now in 2008, we decided to become a member of Toowong Baptist. Although it is a minor decision it was still decided through prayers.

As I looked back on my walk with God, there have been ups and downs. Sometimes it was great, sometimes I would rather forget. We like to grasp hold of Him especially during times of crisis. It seems that we are unable to love God consistently. Our relationship with Him could often go cold.

Since I came to Brisbane, there’s a period of adjustment. I had experienced some kinds of spiritual warfare signalling that I am no longer in Him. The Holy Spirit reminds me that I need to use my will and mind to love Him and not just my heart.

Frankly, I would not have become a member if it was only a matter of the heart since Satan had used our feelings for the church to attack us. Now we are here to respond to God’s love and what he did for us. So we commit ourselves to Him at this place where we could learn to encourage one another, and to bring our families and friends so that they too can come to know Him.

Hope that it’s not a belated or too important decision to be made. He said,

“Take up my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:29


Finally I would like to thank God for His abundant blessings. He revealed Himself to me in my experiences of hardship and built me up with the love of Christian bothers and sisters. Whenever I came to the cross roads of studies, work, marriage and even family crisis, he always led me through. I also thank Him for a loving and multi-talented husband. My God loves me and fulfils His promises to me. He never failed me whatever I asked of Him.

No comments: